Monday, January 14, 2013

still.life (three)

An opportunity to reflect on my surroundings. To breathe in the rare moments of stillness in my world. To celebrate simple abundance in my daily life.



 
1. Breakfast debris. A combination of children's cereal, an attempt to right a milk intolerance and the remnants of the Christmas table.
2. Celebrating my birthday, 1980's Chinese style. As it should be.
3. Drove past a case on the side of the road for several days. Chatting with a friend on the beach, she told me about her desire to sew a quilt. We stopped and checked her out, brought her home, and she works! A classic, couldn't-kill-it-with-a-stick, Singer, built in 1958. She's heavy, we named her Gertrude, and my friend is happy.
 
Hanging out, in all the happy stillness, at The Beetle Shack. Do check it out.

7 comments:

  1. That Singer is a great find, oh and happy birthday. Love those Chinese restaurants that have hung on to the 1980s styling. I can't pick that one but there's a good one at Green Point and I always like hunting them down when we return to the country. I found a great one at Tamworth a couple of years back on a road trip with my folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant find! And to think it sat there for a few days too :) Oh I love those big Chinese restaurants. Makes me hungry for Yum Cha (may very well pencil that in for the weekend!) Hope you week is a grand one:) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a find Sarah. And I love what you named her. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day!

    And I cannot believe that sewing machine...what luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sewing machine! Great find. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic find! I saw a lot of old sewing machines at the dump shop last year and was so tempted... but as a complete novice thought I should go with something with some backup. Now I'm regretting it - so much more personality! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...