Tuesday, June 28, 2011

in stitches part one

After a long hiatus my sewing machine has made a glorious, if rickety, comeback into my life. The poor old girl needs a service (nudge nudge, wink wink). I inherited her when a lovely friend of my hubby's family passed away. Mary was a gorgeous pommie English teacher who reminded me of Jane Austen novels and proper manners. I didn't know her awfully well, but she was always up for a cuppa and intelligent conversation. How nice it is to meet those sort of people and have them touch my life with their kindness and spirit. So my machine has been busily sewing up little blocks of patchwork for babies quilts, hemming school pants, and most recently, making something for my boys. Miracle of miracles, I actually delivered on one of the many times I said "Wow, this is cool, I should make one for you guys." This particular time, I was stalking checking out The Beetle Shack. I was struck by the gorgeousness of the Rainy Day Room she made for her kids, and I instantly realised I would not be a good enough mum until I ripped off her idea made one for my blessed children.















So without further ado, I present our table cubby, made from lengths of fabric found in an op shop, and some seriously dodgy sewing techniques. The boys played in it for about 2 minutes. Awesome.
S.

1 comment:

  1. ahahahah cool. you crack me up! I love the pockets inside it, great idea!!! Excellent mother status now achieved.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...